Catalytic Materials Synthesis
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)
Ji Su ([email protected])
LBNL is actively developing "Catalytic Materials Hub" (CMH) for HyMARC to facilitate the catalysis-relevant projects in the program. CMH can provide catalyst design, synthesis, reaction testing for collaboration in HyMARC.
CMH's synthesis capability can provide:
- Design and synthesis of advanced single-metal-site catalysts, super-synergistic binuclear-site catalysts and bimetallic-catalysts
- Synthesis of traditional supported metal nanoparticle catalyst with size and shape control of the metal particles
- Synthesis of various metal oxide with size, shape, porosity, dimension controls.
- Traditional zeolite and perovskite (dimension controls)
- Graphene oxide nanosheet with large lateral size
CMH's synthesis capability in developing:
- Ir and Ni based electrocatalysts
- Synergistic molten metal alloy catalyst
- Zeolite nanotube and zeolite nanosheet
- High entropy oxides.
Available for use in collaboration with HyMARC.
- L. Chen, P Verma, K. Hou, Z. Qi, S. Zhang, Y. Liu, J. Guo, V. Stavila, M. Allendorf, L. Zheng, M. Salmeron, D. Prendergast, G. Somorjai, and J. Su, "Reversible Dehydrogenation and Rehydrogenation of Cyclohexane and Methyl-cyclohexane by Single Metal Platinum Catalyst," Nat Commun. (2022) 13, 1092.
- L. Chen, Z. Qi, X. Peng, J. Chen, C. Pao, X. Zhang, M. Young, D. Prendergast, J. Guo, G. Somorjai, and J. Su, "Insights into the Mechanism of Methanol Steam Reforming Tandem Reaction over CeO2 Supported Single-site Catalysts," J. Am. Chem. Soc. (2021) 143, 31, 12074–12081.
- L. Chen, K. Hou, Y. Liu, Z. Qi, Q. Zheng, Y. Lu, J. Chen, J. Chen, D. Prendergast, L. E. Klebanoff, V. Stavila, M. D. Allendorf, J. Guo, L. Zheng, J. Su, G. A. Somorjai, "Efficient Hydrogen Production from Methanol Using a Single-Site Pt1/CeO2 Catalyst," J. Am. Chem. Soc. (2019) 141, 45, 17995-17999.
- J. Su, C. Xie, C. Chen, Y. Yu, G. Kennedy, G. A. Somorjai, P. Yang, "Insights into the Mechanism of Tandem Alkene Hydroformylation over a Nanostructured Catalyst with Multiple Interfaces," J. Am. Chem. Soc. (2016) 138, 11568–11574.
- Current unpublished results.